Re: RARA-AVIS: Bruen and the Tinkers

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 21 Mar 2005

Max wrote:

"Sometimes if the violence is too unrealistic it then simply becomes comic, or at least cartoonish--I haven't seen ICHI THE KILLER but I have experienced this in some of Miike's other movies like DEAD OR ALIVE, which is not to say I don't like his work greatly just that it has a comic side to it."

Oh, much of the worst violence in Ichi is definitely there for comedic effect, if you have a sufficiently sick sense of humor (which I do). And if you ask me, it works a lot better than (is more graphic, disgusting, and funny than) Dead or Alive (#1, the only one of the trilogy I've seen).

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM