RARA-AVIS: Bruen's new Website and The Magdalen Martyrs

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 18 Mar 2005

I had written that I just didn't get what The Madgalen Martyrs was all about. I just checked Ken Bruen's new site and it seems they also are having problems following the story. In the synopsis it states that Jack Taylor is hunting for Rita Munroe, one of the unwed mothers at the Magdalen home. On page 29 in response to a question from Taylor asking if Munroe is a nun, the reply is "No, one of the lay staff they sometimes employed." I don't want to get into spoiler territory, but that's a very important point. It's difficult to understand how anyone who had read the book would confuse the status of Munroe when she was at the home.

Kent Morgan

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM