RARA-AVIS: HARDBOILED SIGNING IN GREEN

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 17 Mar 2005

Okay, this book isn't fiction (although anything related to boxing walks the line), but Los Angeles rare birds take note: Tonight, March 17, J.J. Johnston will be signing his new non-fiction book, CHICAGO BOXING, at Joe Mantegna's restaurant, CHICAGO TASTE, in Burbank. J.J. is a great character actor and has been in just about everything David Mamet ever wrote (remember how he took the fall - in more ways than one - in THINGS CHANGE?). The signing goes from 6-9 and the restaurant is located at Hollywood Way and Verdugo. (Great food!) J.J. started out as a boxer and has one of the greatest collections of boxing memorabilia I've ever seen. His book is loaded with fascinating history and illustrated with over two hundred photographs. It's a steal at $20. So come on over to Burbank and spend (at least part of) St. Patrick's Day with the Chicago mob.

I'm even going to crawl out of the cave I've been hiding in to pick up a copy and some pizza. Hope I see a few of you there.

TL

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM