Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: the new generation

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 16 Mar 2005

Mark said:

>As Karin said, I think the same goes for Rankin's Rebus series. All of
>the characters in that series go through very interesting, and not
>always expected (though never unbelievable), developments over the
>course of the series. I'd also say that Rankin gets better and better
>as the series progresses, his use of language, plotting and
>characterisation all get better and deeper.

Thanks again to those who've offered comments on the Rebus series. I wonder if it hasn't grabbed me yet because it is a third-person series in which much of the action takes place away from Rebus and the regular cast of characters. In the sections of Block's ALL THE FLOWERS ARE DYING (first person, I know, but with third person sections) telling the killer's perspective I kept thinking "enough already, get back to Scudder."

Then again, that never bothers me in the Pelecanos or Bruen series. I just need to give him another chance.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM