Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: the new generation

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 16 Mar 2005

Jeff wrote:

"I would second that but would also suggest that the Scudders be read in order -- it helps to follow his fight against alcoholism and his personal relationships."

I'd have to agree with that. Although I think the series took a huge leap with Eight Million, that book was definitely built on the earlier books' foundation.

As Karin said, I think the same goes for Rankin's Rebus series. All of the characters in that series go through very interesting, and not always expected (though never unbelievable), developments over the course of the series. I'd also say that Rankin gets better and better as the series progresses, his use of language, plotting and characterisation all get better and deeper.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM