Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: the new generation

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Mar 2005

Charlie wrote:

"I'll certainly be dipping into some earlier Block."

Let me suggest Eight Million Ways to Die and When the Sacred Ginmill Closes if you want the best Scuddders. Also check out some of his early standalones, especially Girl With the Long Green Heart, originally a Gold Medal and, according to Charles's recent announcement, coming from Hard Case Crime in November.

"Like someone said before me (re Hard Case Crime), it's great to just dip back and forwards in time, reading great books, whenever they were published or whatever generation the author comes from."

That as me. I'm currently reading Day Keene's Home is the Sailor, from the '50s, and will soon move on the Allan Guthrie's new Kiss Her Goodbye.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM