Re: RARA-AVIS: Wong Kar-Wai and Lawrence Block?

From: Vince Keenan ( vpkeenan@hotmail.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2005

Mark wrote:

>A documentary on "Happy Together" reveals just how loose Wong's
>storybuilding is. He went to Buenos Aires with only the vaguest story in
>mind. (Granted, his next film, "In the Mood for Love," is probably the most
>structured of his plots.) So it should be very interesting to see how he
>works with a script from as strong a plotter as Block.

I also can't wait to see the fruits of this collaboration between Wong Kar-Wai and Lawrence Block. But it may be a long time coming. Wong is an inveterate tinkerer on his projects; his latest film 2046, a sequel of sorts to the spellbinding IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, was in the works for four years. Wong was shooting right up until the film's debut at Cannes last May. It'll be interesting to see how two personalities with such different creative approaches mesh.

In an earlier Block newsletter, he alluded to an internationally known actress being involved in the production. Now that mystery has been solved: Wong has been talking to Nicole Kidman about starring in his next film. This is shaping up to be some movie.

Vince

www.vincekeenan.com Pop culture, high and low, past and present. One day at a time.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM