RARA-AVIS: Re: Fleming-Simenon interview

From: silhouetteman1955 ( silhouetteman1955@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 11 Mar 2005

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin"
<juri.nummelin@p...> wrote:
> Someone asked about the Ian Fleming-Georges Simenon interview I
> pointed to two or three months ago. Sorry, I can't make a copy of
> it, since I dont' have the copy of the magazine in question. I
> don't know if you would've done anything with it, because it was
> published in Finnish. And yes, Simenon was interviewing Ian
> Fleming. I can't recall where it was published originally.
>
> Juri

Juri, thanks for that reply. I'll just have to look out 'For Bond Lovers Only', then! I read elsewhere that the interrview is slightly suspect as it is taken from a book also appears to create an interview between Len DEighton and Ian Fleming. We don't really know if it took place, in other words, because Fleming says very similar things to what he saiud in another interview. I'll have to look that particular footnote from 'Bond and Beyond' out and post it here for discussion.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM