Re: RARA-AVIS: Win or lose

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Mar 2005

Kerry J. Schooley wrote:

The struggle in noir is for survival. Noir may or may not admire the human struggle, but it recognizes that there is only one way to transcend life.
  And to my knowledge, noir does not generally concern itself with an afterlife.

************ You might need to explain what you mean by transcendence, and how it's an element of tragedy but not noir. I'm a little hazy. You're saying that tragedy deals with characteristics of an afterlife? I don't think you're saying that.

Hell. I ain't got a clue what you're saying, Kerry. Sit me in the corner with the dunce hat on. Haha!

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM