RE: RARA-AVIS: False Allegations

From: Brian Evankovich ( briane1911a1@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 Mar 2005

I won't go so far as to say "False Allegations" was full of propeganda (it's been a few years since I read it and I don't honestly remember how much preaching there was), but it was one lousy book and it all fell apart at the end. All the king's horses couldn't fix that sucker no matter how hard they tried. Ditto "Choice of Evil" - that was just plain weird.

And while Vachss has gotten a little bit better since "Dead And Gone" (that was almost a re-boot for the series) he really hasn't been in top form since
"Footsteps of the Hawk".

I support Vachss' work whole-heartedly, but even his choir-preaching has gotten a little too out of hand. Like, I get it already, jeepers.... he was so much more sublte in the beginning. --Brian

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM