RARA-AVIS: Re: hardboiled comedy

From: crimeflix ( jmks100@aol.com)
Date: 07 Mar 2005

Humor is so subjective...especially in noir fiction where it can be very subtle. I agree that there's some humor in Goodis, but only for certain sense of humors. Other readers won't find anything funny in his work. But if you're talking about noir with humor you gotta include Lansdale in the discussion, with books such as Freezer Burn. J http://www.jasonstarr.com

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Al Guthrie" <allanguthrie@u...> wrote:
> > > I think we've got this dog by the tail. What hardboiled or noir
writing
> is completely devoid of humour?
>
> Got to disagree with Goodis and Raymond. DOWN THERE's hilarious.
Even has

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM