Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: hardboiled comedy

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 07 Mar 2005

Kerry wrote:

"I think we've got this dog by the tail. What hardboiled or noir writing is completely devoid of humour?"

Well, there's much humor (or humour, since it's a UK series) in Derek Raymond's Factory series, for instance, but I think you're right about there being humor, often very dark humor (the darker the better for my taste) in much of hardboiled and noir. You know, maybe it goes back to the idea that the difference between tragedy and comedy is often just the point of view from which the story is written.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM