Re: RARA-AVIS: Atlee's Joe Gall series

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 28 Feb 2005

Bill,

Here's the order of the Joe Gall books:

The Green Wound, '63 (later reprinted as The Green Wound Contract) The Silken Baroness, '64 (later reprinted as The Silken Baroness Contract) The Paper Pistol Contract, '66 The Death Bird Contract, '66 The Irish Beauty Contract, '66 The Star Ruby Contract, '67 The Rockabye Contract, '68 The Skeleton Coast Contract, '68 The Ill Wind Contract, '69 The Trembling Earth Contract, '69 The Fer-de-Lance Contract, '71 The Canadian Bomber Contract, '71 The White Wolverine Contract, '71 The Kiwi Contract, '72 The Judah Lion Contract, '72 The Spice Route Contract, '73 The Shankill Road Contract, '73 The Underground Cities Contract, '74 The Kowloon Contract, '74 The Black Venus Contract, '75 The Last Domino Contract, '76 The Makassar Strait Contract, '76

Some people also consider PAGODA, published in the Fifties under James Atlee Philips' real name, to be part of the series, since the main character is named Joe Gall. In that book, he's running an airline in Southeast Asia, I think. It's been over twenty years since I read it. I don't have any problem considering it part of the series. Of the others I've read, my favorite is THE GREEN WOUND. The plot makes almost no sense, but it's the only novel of international intrigue I've ever read that takes place partially in Waco, Texas.

James

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM