RARA-AVIS: Out: religious motif

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Feb 2005

Karin Montin wrote:

As to the Christian imagery that Miker mentioned, the only thing I noticed was that Satake plunged his hand in his victim's wound (on her side), kind of like Thomas (right?).

************ Yes, the stab wounds in her side. Bound hand and foot, bleeding, she finds both agony and ecstasy in her death. Satake's attitude adds to the allusion. As she dies, he professes his love for her. When she is gone, his life changes, withdrawing from the mundane world and living in her memory, even abstaining from sex. He mentions loving her for dying for him. Later he says about her death, "I think I died once, when I killed her." But he's still alive, so how can that be? Reborn. He partakes of her blood, a symbolic Christian sacrament.

Is it possible that Masako also might also become Christ-like? Haha! I'm not going to try and sell that, but she is the leader of a small close-knit band, isn't she? Hmm... Now that I think of it, she is betrayed by one of her band, too. And what's the one thing that Kazuo wants from her? Forgiveness? And her new business has to due with the transmogrification of the dead, right? Haha! OK! I'll stop. Sometimes it all gets too ridiculous.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM