Re: RARA-AVIS: The White Trilogy by Ken Bruen

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 24 Feb 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Burridge, Stephen" < stephen.burridge@hp.com> To: < rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:50 AM Subject: RE: RARA-AVIS: The White Trilogy by Ken Bruen

> I thought there were mistakes in "The Killing of the Tinkers" as well.
> If my memory is correct (it's a few months since I read the book,)
> "Pelecanos" was misspelled in a couple of different ways.

Eh. Maybe there's another George P. who spells his name differently. Maybe this George P. doesn't use hackneyed phrases like "He cut his eyes at blah blah blahdeblah." Maybe this other George P. doesn't employ shop-worn, easily telegraphed "plot twists." One example of what this other George P. might not do wrong is to have the hick drug mule with Little Man-Big Gun Complex catch the heel of his high-heeled elevator boots on the rail running along the home-made bar in his Virginia barn just as he's about to quick-draw shoot it out with one of the heroes, thereby "ironically" ruining said drug mule's aim, and condemning him to a quick death at the hands of the affore-mentioned hero.

On second thought, what are the odds?

Brian Thornton

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM