RARA-AVIS: I WON A SPUR AWARD!!!

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Feb 2005

There was a message on my phone when I got home last night from Elaine Long, the Awards Chairman for the Western Writers of America.

Her message was that "Blood for Oil," a chapter in my true crime collection JUST THE FACTS, has been awarded the Golden Spur in the "short non-fiction" category.

I called her today to confirm. No mistake. I really won. Jeeze, I'm not even a member of WWA.

I don't get the actual trophy 'til the awards banquet in June, but I'm allowed (as long as I observe seemly moderation) to brag and boast 'til then.

A Dagger nomination and a Spur award. Talk about a very good year!

JIM DOHERTY

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM