Re: RARA-AVIS: Books I couldn't finish

From: Charlie Stella (
Date: 10 Feb 2005

--- In, Stewart Wilson <stewart@s...> wrote:
> I couldn't finish BLUEBOTTLE by Sallis. In fact, I couldn't get
into it
> at all. It was my first attempt at Sallis. I gave him another
> with by buying the first three Lew Griffin books. Man were they
> When I find the fourth, I will definetly go back to BLUEBOTTLE
> fifth). If anyone on the list has tried a Sallis Griffin book,
> than the first, and didn't like it, I strongly urge you to try the
> LEGGED FLY before giving up.

Never had a problem with anything Sallis, but you're right about LONG LEGGED FLY ... incredible read. The guy is a genius, end of story. I was (and still am) embarrassed to not have known about him until a dear friend turned me on to him and Woodrell a couple of years ago. Proof positive that ignorance is not bliss ...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs, Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.