Re: RARA-AVIS: Books I couldn't finish

From: John A. Armstrong (
Date: 07 Feb 2005

--- In, "John A. Armstrong"
#1 slot. Never read a Higgins that I regretted cracking the cover.

Higgins is the reason I started reading and writing crime fiction a long time ago. And I love Elmore Leonard's forward to a trade paper reprint of Eddie Coyle where he mentions how many genius agents & publishers ignored the book and for how long. Whenever I'm jammed for something, I reread Eddie Coyle and it's like a wake-up call. That said, you gotta read Boyos by Richard Marinick ... close as they come to Higgins (and from the same area).

-- Thanks for the tip. The only complaint i have about higgins is he he didn't write enough books

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs, Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.