RARA-AVIS: More Maltese Falcon

From: Mark Coggins ( coggins@immortalgame.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2005

San Francisco is gearing up for the 75th anniversary of it's printing on Valentine's day. Today's Chronicle has a bio piece about Hammett, news about an exhibition of Hammett artifacts, an article on one of the orginal falcons from the movie and notice of a talk at the main library by his granddaughter:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/07/DDG3DB68LD1.DTL

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/07/DDG8AB6A3A1.DTL

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/07/DDG3DB68L71.DTL

I believe many of the exhibition items were at the library before, but it sounds like they may have mixed in some new things.

I'm going to try to catch both the exhibition and the talk so I'll keep everyone posted.

 --Mark

P.S. A few more pieces that appeared this Sunday, apart from the Eddie Muller article Jim pointed out:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/06/CMGAB98G4F1.DTL

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/06/CMGS7AO2E21.DTL

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/06/CMGAB98G4B1.DTL

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs, Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction. http://us.click.yahoo.com/RUJaMB/fV0JAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM