Re: RARA-AVIS: Kent Harrington/Recent Purchases/Tijuana Straits

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 05 Feb 2005

Kent wrote:

"Also found a copy of The Hard-Boiled Detective: Stories from Black Mask Magazine 1920-1951 - Herbert Ruhm, ed. This Vintage PBO was published in 1977 and includes stories by Hammett, Chandler, Erle Stanley Gardner, George Harmon Coxe and Bruno Fischer. Had to pay 85 cents for this one."

85 cent well spent. That is a great anthology.

"Yesterday I picked up a copy of Ken Numm's Tijuana Straits at the library. . . . Pomona Queen and The Dogs of Winter are both worth tracking down and I'm still hoping to find a copy of Tapping The Source in a bookstore some day."

Haven't read the new one yet, but I'll have to check it out, since I liked his others so much. And add Unassigned Territories to your list of recommended Nunn.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Unbelievable Blog of the Week recommends: The Lincoln Fry Blog. Read all about the French fry that looks like Abraham Lincoln. http://us.click.yahoo.com/bBwbuA/eV0JAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM