RARA-AVIS: New Member Intro and Recent Reads

From: bruce@brucemakous.com
Date: 25 Jan 2005

Greetings:
  I'm new to the group, and I want to say hello to any friends and introduce myself to everyone else on the list. My calling card is my first novel called RIDING THE BRAND, released in September 2004 from Hilliard & Harris, set in my home town of Philadelphia, about organized crime entering the high-tech venture capital arena. It introduces a South Philly PI, former cop, name Leo Mastrone.
  Chris M: I'm doing some touring in various cities due to a couple of decent notices, and did a reading at The Mystery Bookstore in LA--nice place--with Domenic Stansberry. Great guy. Two-time Edgar finalist and finalist for the Hammett. I also heard him read at B'Con. If you liked Chasing the Dragon, you'll also like Last Days of Il Duce. I read that in one sitting on the plane home. A great, dark story. I love Domenic's internal dialogue and the way he creates the atmosphere with his evocative descriptions. And also the way he fit this particular story into the historical context for a local setting, the North Side of SF.
  Best, Bruce Makous Author, RIDING THE BRAND 2004

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM