Re: RARA-AVIS: Top of the Heap, by ESG

From: mherridge@HTCOMP.NET
Date: 19 Jan 2005

---- Original Message ---- From:

>On 18 January 2005, Gratefulbear wrote:
>: There's a list of the 30 Cool & Lam novels at
>Cripes, I had no idea he'd done 30, but knowing his prolificity, I
>have guessed. I'll be scanning the shelves in used bookstores and I
>should be able to come up with lots.
>William Denton : Toronto, Canada : :
>Caveat lector.

I have read the entire series, and enjoyed them. The only one that was not up to par with the rest of the series was the last book; I think the title is "Grass is Green". Don't read that one first. The first book in the series engages in some legal trickery, as Donald Lam's former career as a lawyer comes in handy for him. However, I got the impression that the first book was meant to be a stand-alone novel. Maybe it sold well enough that it became a series.

Monte Herridge

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!