Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Money

From: Duane Spurlock (
Date: 18 Jan 2005

Jeff Vorzimmer <> wrote:
<< First let me say that Black Money is the first Macdonald novel I've read and though I grew a little weary of Archer just interviewing and reinterviewing the principals I did think the plot was good.
  That can seem tedious, but I think it lends that atmosphere of verisimilitude that mades Archer more "real" than the action-oriented Mike Hammer and similar characters.
  On a related note - did the Brian Keith-starring ARCHER TV series follow the MacDonald characterization of Archer, or was he more action-oriented?
- Duane Spurlock