Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Holiday watching: Collateral

From: Stewart Wilson ( stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 28 Dec 2004

Mark wrote:

> SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
>
> "... I was, however, somewhat bothered by the ending.
>
> Collateral struck me as one of those movies that is very easy to pick
> apart afterwards ... but has so much style, speed and momentum that you
> don't even think of those many problems during the film.

Maybe so for most of the problems, but the detail which kicks Foxx's character out of passivity is seeing that the Federal prosecutor is #5 on the hit list. This creates two problems which mentally threw me out of the film: 1) prosecutors don't get hit in the US, and 2) Cruise already knew about her. She was the first target, and he had already visited the building looking for her at the start of the film. In fact Foxx only met him because he was coming out of her building after not finding her. It ruined the film for me.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM