RARA-AVIS: Re: pronzini's cold november day

From: Chuck G. ( chgenoe2@prodigy.net)
Date: 23 Dec 2004

> This is a great story. But I'm a little curious about the somewhat
> ambiguous ending. I'm not especially dense but I'm not sure if I
> understood the ending. Anyone care to enlighten me. The story is
> anthologized in Black Lizard Anthology 1987--a great collection.
>
> Thanks. JR

Hi JR, I just found this anthology yesterday a local used book store, and i agree, the ending of the Pronzini story is ambiguous. The only thing I got out of it was that it was a twist ending. He leads you to believe the the situation and characters are one thing, then tells you that they're something else. It isn't one of Pronzini's best, IMO. Hope this helps, Chuck

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM