Re: RARA-AVIS: A PURPLE PLACE FOR DYING by John D. MacDonald

From: James R. Winter ( winter_writes@earthlink.net)
Date: 19 Dec 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Doug Bassett <dj_bassett@y...> wrote:

> As for PURPLE, I agree it's not one of the better
> installments in the series. The first few were written
> all at once, and show obvious signs of
> experimentation. I don't like PINK or RED that much
> either, tell you the truth -- things pick up a lot
> with GOLD.

I loved BLUE, had problems with PINK, but liked it. PURPLE was the weak sister of the bunch. The one people keep telling me to read is DARKER THAN AMBER, which I'm looking forward to. Eventually. For the most part, I like McGee, and for the reasons you stated.

Jim Winter

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM