Re: RARA-AVIS: A PURPLE PLACE FOR DYING by John D. MacDonald

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Dec 2004

I think the appeal of the McGee series is that, more than most, McGee grew and changed and developed through the years. The McGee one encounters in PURPLE is not the one you find in, say, THE EMPTY COPPER SEA. And that's true of McGee's relationships with women as well.

As for PURPLE, I agree it's not one of the better installments in the series. The first few were written all at once, and show obvious signs of experimentation. I don't like PINK or RED that much either, tell you the truth -- things pick up a lot with GOLD.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com

$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything. http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM