RE: RARA-AVIS: I Was Dora Suarez

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 17 Dec 2004

John wrote:

"As Robin / Derek's literary executor I can tell you that things are afoot and I hope to be able to post definite news on a series of reissues in a matter of days."

That would be very good news indeed.

"Good post on the recordings, Mark, worth pointing out that the Clit Cops recording is much inferior musically to the Gallon Drunk one."

Much, much inferior, downright cheesy.

"The recording of his final reading, meanwhile, is extraordinarily moving."

Iain Sinclair (whose Disobey reading is also on that double 10") wrote very movingly about Raymond's last days in the final chapter of Lights Out for the Territory (with several mentions of John), including that reading, along with the memorial service and wake following his death a few days later.

Along with a number of dark British writers at the wake was Malcolm Mclaren. Did he have some connection to Raymond?

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM