RARA-AVIS: Re: Scorsese on Scorsese

From: Ray Banks ( raybanks77@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 17 Dec 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeltserman" <davezelt@c...> wrote:

> I was watching Taxi Driver recently. Probably hadn't seen it in 20
> years. What a great movie. DeNiro with the mohawk telling a secret
> service agent about the suspicious looking guys around is
priceless.
> I love the final confrontation between DeNiro and Keitel. Btw. I
> hadn't realized this before, but Scorsese has a cameo in this -
he's
> the guy who has DeNiro drive him outside his apartment so he can
> watch his wife cheat on him.

Showing my film geekery here, Dave, but Scorcese's actually in Taxi Driver twice. The first time Travis sees Betsy, he's sitting on the corner and appears to be the only other person to notice her.

But then Scorcese's fond of cameos - he was Shorty in Mean Streets, the voice of the dispatcher in Bringing Out The Dead, a lighting assistant in After Hours, a guy at a brothel in Boxcar Bertha and a TV director in The King Of Comedy.

Ray

$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything. http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM