Re: RARA-AVIS: I Was Dora Suarez

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 16 Dec 2004

Neddal included a link to this posting of mine on readings by Derek Rayond:

"There are two readings I know of by Derek Raymond. One is a full-length CD of Raymond (Cook) reading from "I Was Dora Suarez," . . .
"The other recording was made at a public reading just a day or two before Raymond's death. He read from "He Died with His Eyes Open." This is available on a double CD called "3 Fingers and a Fumb." This is a compilation made during "Disobey," a series of performances, mostly music, hosted by the British label Blast First. It also contains readings by Iain Sinclair and Stewart Home."

Well, I've since found out that this info's not entirely accurate, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to correct it.

Although 3 Fingers and a Fumb does sample from that final reading of Raymond's, it only uses a bit in a long musique concrete aural collage of many of those who appeared at Disobey. The entire reading is available on Search & Destroy, a double 10" record put out by the shortlived Purr magazine and the label Blast First.

Since then, another Raymond recording has been released. He reads his short story Changeless Susan over music by the Clit Cops. It was available with the hardback edition of Rotor Nebel, a German translation of Raymond's last book, Not Till the Red Fog Rises.

Mark

$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything. http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM