Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Macdonald, Hammet, Chandler, Compassion, et al

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 02 Dec 2004

Kevin wrote:

"I'm not sure if anyone else has added much more really new to the P.I. genre since, though, with the arguable exception of Robert B. Parker. Oh, there have been some great P.I. writers, but to be considered influential, you also have to sell beyond a small cult audience, and capture the imagination of the general public."

If the general public is the criterion, maybe the arena has shifted to TV -- Rockford? Magnum?

Mark