RARA-AVIS: Booksigning Friday for FAST LANE

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 02 Dec 2004

I have a book signing Friday in Cambridge MA for FAST LANE with an amazingly impressive group of mystery writers, including Robert Parker and Dennis Lehane. A full list of authors can be found at:

http://www.katesmysterybooks.com/events.html

Anyone interested interested in FAST LANE can read blurbs/description from Point Blank's web-site at:

http://www.oivas.com/pointblank/fl.html

I've found the discussion recently on Ross MacDonald interesting. I think of FAST LANE (and said so in my author's interview with Point Blank) as a mix of Ross MacDonald and Jim Thompson. My PI protagonist, Johnny Lane, desperately wants to think of himself as another Lew Archer, but the guy is as broken as any of Thompson's darker protagonists. Interesting enough, I read last year about the storyline MacDonald was going to use for his last Archer book and there are some eerie similarities with FAST LANE (although FAST LANE is not a PI novel, only disguised as such for a short time).

-Dave Z.