RARA-AVIS: "The Long-Legged Fly"

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 02 Dec 2004

I read "The Long-Legged Fly" by James Sallis recently and was blown away by it. What a fantastic book! I guess Sallis wrapped up the Lew Griffin series after six books and Long-Legged Fly is the first in the series. The events in this book takes place over almost 30 years and achieves far more than a PI novel. While Griffin deals with several missing person cases over this period, the book is primarily about loss. Along with Ken Bruen's The Guards, this is one of the best books I've read in years. I'm hooked and will be making my way through the rest of the series shortly.

-Dave Z.