Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Macdonald, Gatsby, etc.

From: Bill Crider ( bcrider@houston.rr.com)
Date: 30 Nov 2004

Mr. T said, "I think that both Dewey and Gault *preceded* Millar/Macdonald,
. . ."

Macdonald's first book as Macdonald (first Archer) was published in 1949.

Dewey had published novels before then (so had Macdonald, as Millar), but I don't think they featured Mac.

I'm not sure when Gault's first novels appeared, but the first Puma was an early Ace Double under the Roney Scott pen name. And that Puma wasn't the same Puma as the later Puma. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Callahan came along about the same time.

Bill Crider