Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross Macdonald's influence

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 30 Nov 2004

Your reaction to Macdonald is similar to mine. His best work sweeps me along while I'm reading it and his stock soars on the Moore appreciation exchange. But I find myself in discussions like this one kicking dents in his hubcaps. For example I stirred the pot saying I found Lew Archer two-dimensional--and I do. That has not kept me from enjoying and appreciating many an Archer story. And after all, I love Hammett's Continental Op stories and that chubby PI didn't even get a name dropped on him, much less a girlfriend, a black sidekick and a favorite brand of whisky.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Jacques Debierue"

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM