Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RIP Joseph Hansen

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 28 Nov 2004

IMO one of the very best among the Brandstetter series is the last one
(A country of old Men, 1991 - I cannot tell you why I select this one without spoiling) but by all means do not read it before you read at least 3 of 4 other novels of the series. "Early Graves"(1987) is another novel emerging from this consistent and well written series And as other Avians already warned, it's better if you read the novels in order.

On the other hand I did not spread the news of Hansen's death as I did not find any traces confirming this on the Internet for the time being. Unless it happened this week-end, we should find on the Net some obit and articles about this saddening news .

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Ed Lynskey :