RARA-AVIS: Re: Ken Bruen

From: Ray Banks ( raybanks77@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 09 Nov 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "crimeflix" <jmks100@a...> wrote:

> Also, I just read a terrific new Jack Taylor short story from Ken
> called THE DEAD ROOM. It's going to be published by ASAP Publishing
> as a limited edition book, with illustrations, and I'm writing the
> introduction for it. I'll post more details about it before pub
date
> approaches....Would be great if Ken didn't stop the Jack Taylor
books
> after number 6, which he's planning to. I don't know how he got the
> number 6 in his head, but he seems stuck on it...

I've also had the pleasure of reading THE DEAD ROOM and it's something special. Really. Bruen gives good short. "Fade To Brooklyn" in BROOKLYN NOIR was unfairly ignored in the reviews I read. And as for the Taylor books, I'm personally not sure how far Taylor can go. But then, I thought that after THE McDEAD, and Bruen continues to surprise me.

By not being dead, mostly. Heh.

Ray

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM