RARA-AVIS: Woody Haut (was Thompson)

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2004

> > I'd recommend this book too, but would advise readers to be on
> > the lookout for typos and howlers

The very first page I ever read of Woody Haut (Pulp Culture) referred to Joe McCarthy as the senator from Minnesota. To me this didn't bode well for the facts in the rest of the book. Such a obvious blunder on the first page is usually enough for me to stop reading right there, but I persevered a bit, but the factual mistakes just piled up and I eventually tossed it aside.

Jeff