RARA-AVIS: Best and worst

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Nov 2004

I looked over my bookshelf last night and could barely find a dozen that I have read dated past 2000. Like Bill Crider, most of what I read is older than that. Like Donna, I thought GUN MONKEYS was great. I also liked Connelly's CITY OF BONES, even if I didn't think it was his best. Pelecanos's SHAME THE DEVIL was good, but not as good as the earlier SWEET FOREVER. MOONY'S ROAD TO HELL, VERNON GOD LITTLE, and ADIOS MUCHACHOS were good, too.

If you were looking for the worst, I'd nominate RED RAIN.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM