Re: RARA-AVIS: Best books since 2000?

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 03 Nov 2004

Duane said:
>So I go with his more recent novel, THE GUARDS.

I just began reading Bruen this month and this he is great. Got the White Trilogy stocked away for an upcoming vacation.

Here is my list of 11 favorites since 2000 off the top of my head. We could probably quibble over what is hardboiled from my titles, but all are relevant for this list. I wish I could include some undiscovered gems here, but I think ever author I mention is familiar to most on this list (some even are on this list!).

Right as Rain - Pelecanos A Darkness More than Night - Connelly Hollowpoint - Rob Reuland 25th Hour - David Benioff Small Town - Lawrence Block Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathan Lethem Bad Boy Brawley Brown - Mosely Samaratin - Richard Price Cardiff Dead - John Williams Ghost of A Flea - James Sallis Mystic River - Dennis Lehane

Also, Loren Estleman does great work every time out with the Amos Walker series and I think his books published since 2000 are as strong as anything else he's done. I recently finished Retro and thought it was terrific.

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM