RARA-AVIS: Curse you, Richard Aleas!

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 01 Nov 2004

Richard/Charles,

I hold you to blame for a lot of missed sleep last week. I'd settle down to read a chapter of Little Girl Lost before going to sleep, but end up reading several. You have a really obnoxious habit (skill) of ending a chapter in such a way that I just had to keep going.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your book. I particularly liked the characters. I enjoyed them so much that they, and the aforemetioned pacing, took me past the few bits of plotting that might seem a bit familiar to regular readers of hardboiled mysteries.

You said John Blake will be back in a future book, but will Susan? It'd be interesting to watch her progress in the field.

Mark