Re: RARA-AVIS: Woman noir?

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 21 Oct 2004

I do not see much more than your list (besides Leigh Brackett, of course- she's probably a better author in her film scenarios with many classics).

Paul Kruger: in my lists I found it was the pseudo of Roberta Elizabeth Sebenthal, born in 1917.

Margaret Millar qualifies fully: she already published novels during the 40s. And she was the wife of Ross MacDonald (real name Kenneth Millar as we know all).

Also, besides Anglo-Saxon writers, maybe there was some women author of noir in other countries ?? but this is far from being a wide possibility I think. Speaking of the French domain, that I know better than other foreign noir lit., there was none (at least of a certain level of value).

However, if you look at the middle of the 80s until now, ladies enter noir in bulk (at least compared to the forty preceding years).

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

Juri Nummelin a 飲it:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM