Re: RARA-AVIS: Fridrikh Neznansky

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Oct 2004

Serendipitously, in light of recent discussions about correspondence from non-members who've seen our archived messages to the list, and about translations of mysteries written in foreign languages, I received a message from Mr. James Nelson, who has been translating cop novels written by former Soviet police officer Fridrikh Neznansky into English.

Some of you may remember that Mr. Neznansky was one of the writers I mentioned during the summer of 2002 when we had a month devoted to the police procedural. Mr. Nelson saw that post when he was surfing and sent me a message about a new Neznansky book which he translated that has just been published.

With his permission, I'm forwarding his message to the list:

http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2212-3.