RARA-AVIS: AA Fair

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 Oct 2004

I'd only ever read a few shorts by Gardner. I liked them well enough, but I never moved on to his novels. Perhaps I was intimidated by the number of them or had misconceptions based on the Perry Mason TV show.

Anyway, the recent endorsements of the Lamm and Cool series led me to pick up Top of the Heap this afternoon. A description in the second paragraph let me know I was in the right place -- "He was built like a secondhand soda straw, . . ."

Also, the Hard Case Crime edition looks great, with its neo-vintage cover. My first buy of what I am sure will be very many. I wish them and Point Blank Press (whose books also look great, though in a very different style) the best of luck. They print my kind of books.

Mark