Re: RARA-AVIS: Lee Child

From: winter_writes@earthlink.net
Date: 15 Oct 2004

Definitely hardboiled, esp. after in the first one, THE KILLING FLOOR. It's not conventional in terms of hardboiled, but it's there. Very much so.

Jim Winter

-----Original Message----- From: Geir Glosvik < geir@glosvik.no> Sent: Oct 15, 2004 3:45 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: Lee Child

Hi there,

I've been off-list for a few months. Tonight I searched the archives for any comments on Lee Child (reading my first of his books) and found that Mr. Crider in 1999 had a comment on his first reading of this author. He liked it (don't remember the title). I decided to rejoin the list, and discovered there've been changes. I hope it works out fine, Bill, but I guess it takes some time getting used to it. So - is Lee Child hardboiled or just another Grisham?

Regards, Geir Glosvik

http://www.jamesrwinter.com http://jamesrwinter.blogspot.com winter-newsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com