RARA-AVIS: Georgette Heyer not Meyer

From: Carroach@aol.com
Date: 15 Oct 2004

Steve: I stand corrected and thank you. As Heyer is a new author for me, I actually went in and got the paperback to copy her name before I sent my e-mail. I'll shift blame onto the font on the title page: one of these rather ornate types where, on first glance, the "H" looked like an "M" (to me, anyway). But it's good to know her true name and about her other work.

I'm not sure I entirely understand the distinction people are making here with the different categories, but, yes, she does seem to fall in with the cozies rather than hard-boiled fiction. Maybe too much levity, even when skulls are falling out of the wall.

I'm a global gal: I lived in France for about 13 years in another life. Does anyone out there know of other French mystery/crime writers in addition to Simenon? It doesn't matter if they are translated.

Colleen