RARA-AVIS: Introduction + question on list of books at Boucheron

From: Carroach@aol.com
Date: 14 Oct 2004

Hello out there: I've been reading the emails with great interest for the past 10 days or so and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Colleen and I live in the Pacific Northwest, USA. I've been fascinated by mysteries/noir fiction for many years. Started with Nancy Drew, when I was a child, and have continued ever since. Right now I'm reading a book by an author I've just discovered: "Footsteps in the dark," by Georgette Meyer, first published in 1932. Pretty engrossing.

As for myself, I have the bare-bones outline (in my head) of a story I'm working on. It's set in the Southwest (Santa Fe) where I lived and worked for several years. There's a pretty good writer (ex Santa Fe cop), by the way, who has quite a few stories set in this city: Michael McGarrity.

A question: on the authorlink site, I saw a press release about a list of Killer Books, the first of which was to be announced at Bourcheron. (This is apparently an initiative by mystery book sellers).

Does anyone on here have access to the list or tell me where I could find it?

Thanks so much,

Colleen

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM