Re: RARA-AVIS: Introduction

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@postikaista.net)
Date: 12 Oct 2004

Duane:

> For some reason, I thought you were already a member
> of this list.

I came back with the Yahoo and posted one message some weeks ago, but remained silent after that.

> Are there any Finnish magazines currently publishing
> crime fiction?

Actually there will be, since I'll be putting out one in a month or so. It will be called Isku (Punch) and will have old stories by James Reasoner and Tapani Bagge, with some new ones. I don't know how it will continue, but at the moment I'd like it to be biannual. There's also Ruumiin Kulttuuri (Body Culture), the magazine of the Finnish Whodunit Society, but they publish mainly articles, but there are also some reprints of classic Finnish cf. (Couple issues back there was the Ian Fleming-Georges Simenon interview. I forgot which one interviewed which.)

Juri