RARA-AVIS: Re: "You imbecile! You bloated idiot!"

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Oct 2004

The first Falcon film was shown by Turner not that long ago. I watched it and was not very impressed. It's a solid thriller but the magic isn't there. The script is fine but somehow the thing doesn't take off as it does in Huston's masterpiece.

In his best films, Huston didn't let the viewer's attention flag for one moment. In a recent watching of _The Treasure of the Sierra Madre_ I marvelled at this continuity (helped by a wonderful story, admittedly).

Best,

MrT