RARA-AVIS: Re: Talking about a new (in UK) series

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeltserman" <davezelt@c...> wrote:
> Overall I liked the show, but the first few epiosodes were
> definitely the highlights, and after that the show petered out
> somewhat. The evil- saloon keeper becomes less evil, the noirish
> aspects dilute somewhat, and the show loses quite a bit once Bill
> Hickock meets his end (not giving anything away there - since that
> part of it is historically based). The actress who plays Calamity
> Jane is absolutely terrific.
>
> My favorite HBO show, The Wire, has just started a new season.
>
> Dave Z.
> btw. My first published book FAST LANE is now out from Point Blank
> Press, and I was told the other day by Poisoned Pen bookstore that
> they're making FAST LANE their hardboiled collector's club
> selection. I'm not sure yet if that's going to be for October or
> later.

Congratulations on FAST LANE, Dave. I'd tend to disagree that the saloonkeeper is less evil in the later episodes, and I won't give away why I think so, but he certainly becomes a somewhat more rounded character. Marianne, I suspect you'll continue to enjoy the series.

FWIW, Murdoch's holdings in the US are not, for the most part, tagged "Sky" so much as Fox. Though this is a terrestrial broadcast network and a set of cable stations (mostly sports, the general- interest channel FX, etc.), and he and his group have been buying into the satellite delivery service DirecTV here, which is somewhat Sky-like. TM

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM